Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

annabel
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: dymt reloaded

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:46 am

I don't wanna work in finance anymore. Too stressy. :(
Are you a talkative member of TR? Would you like to converse with fellow TR members? Then this is just the thing for you!
server: irc.freenode.org channel: #techreport

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:50 am

annabel wrote:
I don't wanna work in finance anymore. Too stressy. :(

I can imagine!

annabel

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Yeah, I have no life anymore, what with work and home.

*sighs*

Meeting up with intelmole next weekend though for a couple of days
Are you a talkative member of TR? Would you like to converse with fellow TR members? Then this is just the thing for you!

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:11 pm

A tool every deer hunter needs. The consumer reviews are priceless.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0041414228322a.shtml
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

bhtooefr
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Captain Ned wrote:

Take this one out of context, and...

NOVAhunter wrote:
I saw one video on-line of a guy twisting it a dozen times before pulling it out. It obviously didn't work right.

:lol:

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:46 pm

Captain Ned wrote:

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0041414228322a.shtml

I've never been hunting, so maybe that....process is just a normal part of hunting but man.....
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:01 am

idchafee wrote:
I've never been hunting, so maybe that....process is just a normal part of hunting but man.....

Yes, it's an essential process and yes, it's always been disgusting until this tool came along. I bet I'll see most of the young'uns carrying them when I'm at beer camp next weekend.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:05 am

idchafee wrote:
process is just a normal part of hunting but man.....

The term is cornholing.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:18 am

Passive-agressive Hunter wrote:
This is my second butt-out tool. Worked just fine. I broke first one by being a little over aggressive.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:25 am

Dizik wrote:
This is my second butt-out tool. Worked just fine. I broke first one by being a little over aggressive.

Ah, review 13. 'Twas the one that prompted my comment.

Nitrodist
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_ ... 6rI9bMlXsQ

^Butt-out tool in action. NSFW, if your boss isn't into hunting or gross stuff.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 pm

I was not in Times Square 15 minutes and bumped into Kareem.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Sort of a split from a thread of mine in the Visual Haven forum.

I got accepted as an amateur photographer for the local AHL hockey team, and tonight was my first time there. Once I signed in and went to the press room I had to sign a waiver stating that I was not allowed to use any pictures I take for myself. I have to get permission from the AHL if I want to use them for public showings. Fair enough....it's a business and that's the way it goes. In the "photographers den" (a 10x10 room with a guy standing behind a desk) I was told to let the guy at the desk know what kind of media I need for my camera. Nothing I say...I have my own CF cards. That's not the way it works he says. I have to get a card from them and they assign my ID to it and after the game I turn in the card. If they use any of the pics from the card then I get a small fee from them. This ensures that they have complete control of pictures taken. So I am unable to post any pics I take at the games, but if any get on the Bulldogs website, I'll be sure to post a screenie of it.

it was really cool being sort of behind the scenes with these guys. The other 3 photographers were really nice and helpful in telling me where to go and what to look for in the action so I get some good shots. Of course they all have cameras that are better than mine, but they're professionals. One guy had a camera that the body itself was worth over $5k. :o
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Hoser wrote:
I got accepted as an amateur photographer for the local AHL hockey team

When Wolves kick them all over the ice, make sure you get a good shot of the beating.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Hoser wrote:
One guy had a camera that the body itself was worth over $5k. :o

The best sports camera is the Nikon D3, at $4,500. What did he have?

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:42 pm

SpotTheCat wrote:
Hoser wrote:
One guy had a camera that the body itself was worth over $5k. :o

The best sports camera is the Nikon D3, at $4,500. What did he have?

That's what he had. It's listed at over $5k on the Canadian website. $5,349.95 to be exact.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
Dizik wrote:

Ah, review 13. 'Twas the one that prompted my comment.

Don't stop there.

#17:"Just stick-twist-yank that all it takes. it so easy no more sawing the pelvis
Thank you GEORGE!!!"

# 49: "My first impression when I saw this gadget was that it was a joke, or something you would buy in an adult toy store. I bought one anyways, kind of as a camp joke, and to my surprise worked wonders on mule deer."

#53: "The tool itself will be a bit "messy" once you remove the intestine, so just scrape most of the "mess" on a branch, grass or what have you...."

#67: "I purchased it before the deer season and used it when I killed a mule deer. It was awesome! I am 42 years old and have killed a deer every year except 2 since I was 12. That area is always a pain in the rear so to speak but the butt out tool made it so easy."

I'm glad I don't hunt. The animal part I could probably handle, but the shop talk sounds disturbingly like listening to a bunch of nurses chattering.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

imi
Gerbil Elite

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:58 am

Hello I'm back again... and you all thought you had escaped... tehe.

As a side note, don't you just hate computers! Taken me this long to sort my laptop or PC out so it was usable.... add uni work and things take soooo much longer!

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:14 am

imi wrote:
As a side note, don't you just hate computers!
Not really.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:09 am

I luuuuuuuuuuurve me some computers imi, you're in the wrong place for that flavor of hatorade.

I was training last night and threw a punch, guy steps out of the way and cracked the ever-living crap out of my hand. I thought he broke my knuckle, he knocked on it like a door and then crossed it with his other hand. Jesus ow. Typing is more than painful and the bruise looks SWEET! So if you get in a fight kids, punch them in the hand! haha.

Have a date friday night, she's coming over and I'm cooking Chicken Asiago for her, wine, etc, then a nice chocolate fondue for dessert. When I say "I am cooking" I mean, I am buying the groceries and she will hopefully be concocting a delicious dinner. I'll start getting drunk while she cooks hah. For wine, I was thinking a semi-sweet, like a Riesling (Australian).

Neither of us are wine snobs so 2 bottles and a warm apartment with full stomachs = awesome food coma. Now accepting suggestions for other wines, but be warned: I HATE floral tasting, tree tasting wines. Sweet is good, dry is fine, etc, but no weirdo wine please. I had a Yellow-Tail Shiraz last time the occasion seemed appropriate, and it was terrible. It was so potent it masked the taste of the food, and was hard to swallow. It had the after-breath of vodka, too strong and just tasted bad IMO.

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:02 am

pete_roth wrote:
I was training last night and threw a punch, guy steps out of the way and cracked the ever-living crap out of my hand. I thought he broke my knuckle, he knocked on it like a door and then crossed it with his other hand. Jesus ow. Typing is more than painful and the bruise looks SWEET!
Get off your lazy ass and post pics.

F-Tard!

/walks away.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:23 am

Getting beat up by a 65 year old man FTL!

link :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's just too funny, and it goes to show you how gutless most robbers/bullies are. As soon as you put up a fight they turn and run away like a little girl.
-Unknown Veteran

imi
Gerbil Elite

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 pm

well had to reformat my old one cos apparently an essential file was corrupt and irrepairable , so I did, and selected delete currnet O/s and install new. However, I know have the old version of my o/s and the new on there and ahve to select which one I want to use each time. TO make things more fun the old version now works and still has all my files on it!

However, Stuck with the updates because of course with 2 versions of the o/s theres no space to do them!

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 pm

pete_roth wrote:
Neither of us are wine snobs so 2 bottles and a warm apartment with full stomachs = awesome food coma. Now accepting suggestions for other wines, but be warned: I HATE floral tasting, tree tasting wines. Sweet is good, dry is fine, etc, but no weirdo wine please. I had a Yellow-Tail Shiraz last time the occasion seemed appropriate, and it was terrible. It was so potent it masked the taste of the food, and was hard to swallow. It had the after-breath of vodka, too strong and just tasted bad IMO.

I like a good pinot grigio when the occassion calls for a white, but the emphasis is on "good", as a bad one will have much the same effect as the chardonnay you didn't like. If you like mild sweetness and want to go just a bit beyond a riesling, then you need Blue Nun. It's a fairly cheap German import but don't let that fool you -- it's a great thing for white wine drinkers who prefer neither dry wine nor alcoholic fruit punch.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

annabel

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:52 pm

my gmail is now pink. woohoo!

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:08 pm

annabel wrote:
my gmail is now pink. woohoo!
I changed mine back to the classic theme. The newer blue is garish.

bhtooefr
Lord High Gerbil

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 pm

I'm using the Cold Shower theme. The background is busier than I like, but it's not garish like the new blue theme, and it's more visually pleasing (IMO) than the classic theme.

annabel

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:14 pm

i changed it to tree :D

Alex
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:17 pm

You guys have got to be kidding me... Classic is the only the way to fly. :roll:
Twitter: @xmunos

annabel

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:23 pm

tree is totally pretty, shoosh